I know I have failed baking many times but you know what people always say - "Failure is not the opposite of success. It is part of success"
So, here we are. Heh.
This is really when I realized that cooking (and baking) is so fun and I love that I now get to do it at my mom's new kitchen hah - shall wait for our kitchen to be renovated then you will see more videos and photos of the cooking sessions. Heh.
Anyway, this time we filmed the baking with Sha Lynn (and occasionally Daryl hah), and please, we did not rehearse anything so it was all impromptu.
Hence, the many baking "oopsie".
You have been warned.
There were like a few steps that we sort of missed/got confused with but surprisingly, the muffins turned out great! I cannot believe how yummy those muffins were!
My dad really loved it because even though we put a cup of sugar in, it was not sweet at all! It was just the perfect kind of chocolate cake!
So, here goes the recipe - and the video below if you feel like you want to watch us bake.
Also - I have read the recipes and steps many times but still we did it wrongly! Hah. I guess those "wrong" steps did not matter as much. BECAUSE IT WAS FINGER LICKING GOOD!
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- (Optional - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- (Optional - 1/2 teaspoon ground coffee)
- 1 egg (or 1/4 cup of mashed banana)
- 1/3 cup oil (olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup sugar (1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons coconut cream (or 1/2 cup buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- I cup of grated zucchini (medium-sized)
- (Optional - 1/3 cup of chocolate chips)
- Grate zucchini and set aside - remove water with paper towels or drain it with a sift.
- If you making your own buttermilk, now is the time to add the 2 teaspoons of white vinegar or lemon juice into it and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Combine all the Dry Ingredients Bowl together. Remember to sift everything. We did not sift because we didn't have a sift, so we skipped this step. But please, sift all the dry ingredients.
- In a bigger bowl, combine all the Wet Ingredients Bowl and mix them till it is well combined. Recommended using a hand beater okay.
- Then, pour all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl and using a spatula, stir until everything is well mixed together.
- Put in the grated zucchini and optional chocolate chips and continue to stir till well combined.
- Prepare your cup liners on the baking tray and scoop the batter into them.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. (in my video I mentioned 18-20 minutes but turned out we actually put in for a total of 28 minutes).
- Test with a toothpick to check if it's cook. If the toothpick comes out clean, then it's 100% done.
- If you like your muffins to be a bit like a lava cake, then any time before 18 minutes should be good.